RSVPs and Volunteer Sign Ups Now Open!
RSVPs and Volunteer Sign Ups
Good evening Eels Families,
The first few weeks of practice were great! So many new faces, lots of hard work, and endless smiles! We are looking forward to an amazing season.
Our first meet is less than a week away! With the craziness of the school year almost behind us, it is a great time to plan your summer swim schedule. Swimmer RSVPs for all meets are now open. Please RSVP for as many meets as you can now. It will be assumed that families who do not RSVP will not have swimmers in the water. Please make every effort to RSVP your swimmer prior to the deadline so relays can be accurately seeded.
THE DEADLINE TO RSVP FOR NEXT WEEK'S MEET IS MONDAY MAY 31ST AT 6:00PM!
To RSVP your swimmer, click on the Swim Meets tab, and select Schedule from the drop-down menu. Choose the meet that you are replying for and click the Meet Entry button. Choose your swimmer's name from the list and click the Edit button. Select the appropriate option from the list and click Save. You should get a message that Your Meet Entries Were Saved Successfully and the status will be updated. Please do this for all meets EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING.
It's also time to choose volunteer slots! Remember, with the current COVID restrictions in place, only parent volunteers will be permitted on deck. Volunteering is a great way to get to see your swimmer in the water!
To add or edit volunteer slots, click on the Swim Meets tab, and select Schedule from the drop-down menu. Choose the meet that you are replying for and click the Job Signup button. Choose the appropriate name and click the Sign Up for Jobs button. The next screen will have a list of all available job opportunities for that meet. Please pay particular attention to the Session number. Detailed job descriptions are available for by clicking on the I bubble next to each job. Check the box next to the job you are interested in and click Save. To REMOVE an assignment, follow the same instructions and unclick the box next to the job you are removing yourself from. Don't forget to click Save.
Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!
Have a great weekend and see you at the pool!
Your Evergreen Eels Staff
Summer Practice Schedule Starts THURSDAY!
Happy last day of school Eels! We hope your school year was fantastic, and know that your summer will be even better!
Just a reminder, there is NO PRACTICE Wednesday, May 26th.
Starting Thursday, May 27th, practices will move to weekday mornings. Times are as follows:
8:00 am -9:00 am: High School
9:00 am -10:00 am: 11-12s AND 13-14s (this is updated)
10:00 am -10:45 am: 9-10s
10:45 am - 11:30 am: 7-8s
11:30 am - 12:00 noon: 6 and unders
Our first meet will be NEXT WEEK. RSVP and volunteer sign-ups will open soon. Look for an email with detailed instructions soon!
See you Thursday!
It's Swim Time!
The weather is fabulous, the breezes are warm, and it is finally time for summer swim! Tomorrow (Monday, May 10th) is our first practice of the season!
First things first! Please STOP what you are doing!! Text @evlk21 to 81010 to join our Evergreen Remind! (More on why this is important in a few.) Please read on once you have joined.
Please see below for the practice schedule we will follow until school gets out:
WEEKDAY Practice Schedule (no weekend practices)– Evergreen Lakes Pool
Monday 5/10 – Tuesday 5/25: After school practice
- 3:00 - 4:15 PM - High School
- 4:15 - 5:00 PM - Ages 7-8
- 5:00 - 5:30 PM - Ages 6U and Beginners
- 5:15 - 6:15 PM - Ages 9-10
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM - Ages 11-12 AND 13-14 (this is a change from our previous schedule)
Friday 5/14 - No Practice
Friday 5/21 - No Practice
Wednesday 5/26 - No Practice - Last day of School
Thursday 5/27 - First day of morning practice
Monday 5/31 - No Practice – Memorial Day
A few reminders for these first few days of practice:
- Please be flexible with us. Expect changes as we work to make our season look as normal as possible. We appreciate you!
- Please have your swimmer arrive in a suit, tennis shoes, and mask. Dryland will be in the field outside of the gate, and every effort will be made to ensure social distancing. Masks will be required when social distancing is not possible.
- Restrooms are available for emergencies, but may only be used by one swimmer at a time.
- Parents will not be permitted on deck for practice. We have strict deck capacity limits by the HOA and we want to be gracious in our use of the facilities. Feel free to bring a chair and watch from outside the fence!
- Expect all USA Swimming and CDC COVID protocols to be followed at all times. We are fortunate in that we have several local swim clubs which have been operating safely for over a year, and we have the benefit of utilizing their practice and meet expertise.
- Please expect to pick your swimmer up immediately after practice. Swimmers from earlier/later groups will not be permitted on deck while siblings swim.
- Swimmers should enter the gate on the right of the clubhouse (near the field). Your swimmer will exit the gate to the left of the clubhouse (closest to the tennis courts).
- We expect some chilly, possibly stormy weather these first few weeks. Please join our Remind to get real-time practice and meet updates! Text @evlk21 to 81010 to join.
We are so excited to kick off this fantastic season! It will certainly look and feel a little different than we are used to, but we expect it to be tons of fun!
See you at the pool!
Your Evergreen Staff
IT'S REGISTRATION TIME!!!
Good evening Eels Families,
We are pleased to announce that registration for the 2021 Summer Swim season is NOW OPEN! Please CLICK HERE to visit our website. We recommend that all returning families log into Swimtopia, and the website will prepopulate the bulk of your registration information. Also, we have experienced some issues accessing the Registration button when using a cell phone, so we suggest registering from a laptop.
A few quick notes:
- CDC and USA Swimming COVID protocols will be in effect for the duration of the season.
- Only parent volunteers will be permitted on deck (but feel free to watch your swimmer from outside the fence).
- This year, your swimmers GCSL league fees will be paid during the registration process directly to GCSL. We have lowered the Evergreen registration fees to account for this charge. You will see two separate charges from WePay. The team is covering the increase in league fees and processing charges this year.
- Full details about practices, protocols, and expectations will follow. Please expect some changes to be made to our initial plans discussed earlier as we get a better idea of registration numbers.
- There are a few local teams that are electing not to swim this summer, so you may have some friends who are looking for a summer swim home. Please feel free to share our registration information with them. We have the best coach and swim team family in the county, and we would love to add to our family!
We are looking forward to tons of fun in the sun, lots of laughs, and a summer full of fast swimming! See you at our first practice Monday, May 10th!
Your Evergreen Eels Staff
Welcome Back Eels!
Good evening families,
It is with much excitement that we share some wonderful news: Summer Swim 2021 is a GO!!!!! As with most things these days, our season will look a bit different than we are used to but we are beyond excited to get the kids back in the water! We are still firming up details, and we expect changes daily, but we would love to share what we know!
Please join us for a Zoom meeting next Tuesday, March 30th at 7:30. We will share information from GCSL, discuss expectations, and give an overview of the season prior to opening registration. We will also any questions you have (to the best of our ability). Please sign in with your family's last name when you log on.
Join Zoom Meeting https://gcpsk12-org.zoom.us/j/91774571892?pwd=a29...
Meeting ID: 917 7457 1892
We are looking forward to a wonderful, one of a kind season! We can't wait to catch up!
Let's Go Eels!